It’s that time of year again.
This afternoon I sat in the studio, reminiscing about the accomplishments of 2010. It’s been a fantastic year here at Affective Design. We’ve made contributions to books, presented posters and talks, written and interviewed on emotional design and attended conferences both at home and in the U.S.
Items of Note
- Contributed to Deconstructing Product Design by William Lidwell and Gerry Manacsa.
- The Swimlanes document style created by Yvonne Shek and myself was added to the Eight Shapes Unify system of deliverables
- Gene Smith over at nForm User Experience released the experience maps he and I created for Comcast, back when I worked for nForm.
- affective design’s new website (which you’re now reading) was launched!
- Presented a poster; “Emotional Design with A.C.T.” and a talk “Design for Emotion and Flow” at the 2010 IA Summit, in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrote “Emotional Design with A.C.T. – Part 1” which was published over at BoxesandArrows.com (Part 2 is on the way)
- Interviewed with Ron Rogowski from Forrester Research on emotional experience design
- Was asked to become an adjunct professor in user experience at a university in the U.S.
Events of Note
We also attended several excellent events this year including:
But that’s not all! We’ve got another big announcement coming, so stay tuned.
So, from everyone here at Affective Design Inc. we’d like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!